Home > Scientific Research > Turmeric Total Boost - Scientific Research & Evidence
Turmeric Total Boost - Scientific Research & Evidence
- Currently, there are over 12,500 peer-reviewed articles published proving turmeric benefits, especially one of its renowned healing compounds, curcumin.
- When it comes to taming pain, a natural remedy known as turmeric may help you find relief. Available in supplement form, extracts from turmeric’s stems contain compounds that may possess pain-reducing properties.
- Turmeric contains the active ingredient curcumin, which is an antioxidant that demonstrates anti-inflammatory properties in conditions such as arthritis, muscle sprains and other injuries.
- Curcumin does have an effect on several physiological systems that are implicated in the causes of depression
- Various preclinical cell culture and animals studies suggest that curcuminoids have extensive biological activity as an antioxidant, neuroprotective, antitumor, anti-inflammatory, anti-acidogenic, radioprotective and arthritis. Different clinical trials also suggest a potential therapeutic role for curcuminoids in numerous chronic diseases such as colon cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Curcuma longa is widely known for its anti-inflammatory activity in traditional system of medicine for centuries and has been scientifically validated extensively.
- In a double-blind trial, supplementation with curcuminoids significantly improved pain and overall functioning in people with osteoarthritis of the knee
- Curcuminoids, components of the rhizome of turmeric, show several beneficial biological activities, including anticarcinogenic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antitumor activities
- The only product sourced out of piperine to obtain a patented status for its ability to increase the bioavailability of nutritional compounds.
- Piperine (from black pepper) can enhance the absorption or bioavailability of certain compounds, such as curcumin from turmeric.
- Bioperine is a thermo-nutrient, which has bioavailability enhancing nature.
- May also have immune-suppressing, tumor-inhibiting and antidepressant effects.