If you’re looking for an effective way to burn calories, stay in shape, and even improve your mood, you need to give running a try. As one of the most popular forms of exercise, running is for everyone and offers multiple health benefits for your body and mind. But if you’ve never been one for running, this type of exercise can be a bit intimidating, making many potential runners reluctant to get started. In this blog, we discuss some of the many amazing health benefits associated with running and offer some practical tips to help you get out there and start hitting the trail or treadmill—your choice.
PhytAge Labs is proud to offer a full line of all-natural, organic health supplements to support your health and wellness. With many of the top-selling health supplements on the market, including Tinnitus 911, Nerve Control 911, Blood Pressure 911, and more, our health supplements can address existing health problems and improve your overall wellness. We’re sure to have an organic health supplement for you.
What are the Benefits of Running?
No matter where you go or live, there’s a good chance that you’ll finds someone into running. Whether on a trail, along the side of a road, or on a treadmill, running is one of the most popular forms of exercise. After all, compared to most other types of exercise, running is one of the most natural and easy to get started with. All you really need is a good pair of shoes and a path ahead of you and you can benefit from the many health benefits associated with running.
Many of the top health benefits of running include:
- Improves cardiovascular health.
- Builds muscular strength.
- Improves bone health and strength.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Reduces stress.
- Boosts confidence.
- Improves your mood and mental health.
- Connects you with nature if you run outside.
What You Need to Know to Start Running
Now that you can see the amazing benefits associated with running and cardiovascular exercise, it’s time to find a way to incorporate running into your normal routine. But if you aren’t an active runner, it’s natural to feel unsure as to how you’ll get started.
If you want to get into running, consider the following tips:
- Start with walking: they say you have to crawl before you walk, right? Well if that’s true, then you also have to walk before you run. Start slow and gradual with some longer walks that can then build up to a brisker, fast-paced walk. This can lead into light jogs that will gradually get you to a faster pace. It’s all about going slow and finding a pace that feels comfortable.
- Manage your expectations: progress is made in increments, so don’t feel like you should go out and immediately sign up for a 5k race. In fact, pushing it too hard can actually result in injury as your muscles and ligaments aren’t used to this type of high-intensity exercise. An early injury can also dissuade people from getting into running. Start gradual and build up to longer, faster runs.
- Get the right gear: while running involves far less gear than most sports or other forms of exercise, there are some essentials that can help ease the transition into running. First, it’s all about the shoes. Make sure you get a comfortable pair of running shoes. Not only will this help you avoid blisters and sore feet, but ill-fitting shoes can actually lead to significant health issues if you run often. If you’re not sure about finding the right pair of running shoes, visit a local shop and get fitted by an expert.
- Hydration is key: no matter the distance of your run, it’s critical to stay hydrated. This is especially true if you live in arid or hotter climates that will have you sweating just a few minutes into your run. Staying hydrated during your run doesn’t have to be complicated. The key is to drink water consistently throughout your day. You should hydrate before, during, and after your run to stay properly hydrated. Remember, if you’re feeling thirsty, this means you’re already dehydrated.
- Run with friends: studies show that there is a real difference when you exercise with others. Making your running a group activity can boost your motivation and even your overall performance. It can also keep you honest and have someone to be accountable to if you’re considering skipping that morning run.
- Add in some technology: this one isn’t a necessity of course, but adding some technology to your runs can make it more fun and engaging, and as a result, keep you more consistent. Many runners use a Fitbit or other type of exercise tracking device so that they can track and record their progress. You don’t even need to make a big financial commitment as there are many free running apps you can download on your smartphone. For many people, tracking your progress and seeing the results in front of you are huge motivating factors.
- Develop a running plan: having a set plan in place can help you stay more consistent and see the gradual progress in your runs. Develop a clear running plan to hold you accountable and to help you measure your progress. Each day, try to go a little faster or a little longer. You’ll be amazed at the progress you’ve made if you stay consistent with your runs.
Conclusion – Want to Get into Running? Here’s What You Need to Know
Running is one of the most popular forms of exercise. But if you aren’t an avid runner, you may feel a little unsure of how to start this activity. Watching active runners at the gym or at the park can feel intimidating, but one of the great benefits of running is that anyone can take part in this fulfilling type of exercise. If you want to get into running, start with walking and then build your way up to jogging. Go slow and don’t push yourself. Even a short run can offer tangible health benefits. Also, make sure you have a good pair of shoes, wear comfortable clothing, and try running outdoors to reconnect with nature.
In addition to running and adding more exercise into your daily routine, many individuals are also including organic health supplements to boost their overall health and wellness. Organic health supplements can help you fill any nutritional gaps in your diet to ensure you’re getting the nutrients and vitamins you need to get out there and hit the trail. At PhytAge Labs, we’ve developed a complete line of all-natural health supplements to address existing health
problems and improve your overall wellness. With many top selling products such as Prostate 911, Tinnitus 911, Joint Relief 911, and more, we’re sure to have a health supplement for your needs.Contact us today to learn more about how our line of organic health supplements can help you meet your health and wellness goals. Together, let’s begin your journey toward a happier and healthier life.