As the saying goes, “you are what you eat.” When it comes to maintaining good health and high energy levels, this old adage couldn’t be more true. While many older individuals will also add organic health supplements to ensure good health, it’s also important to be aware of your diet and how it’s affecting your overall wellness.
Over time, a poor diet can negatively impact every aspect of your wellness and every part of your body, including your prostate. While often overlooked, this small gland plays an important role in the sexual wellness and urinary health for men of all ages. Protecting the health of your prostate becomes even more important as you age because that’s when prostate health problems become much more common. In this blog, we’re taking a closer look at prostate health and which foods you should include in your daily diet to ensure a healthy, functioning prostate—well into your golden years.
At PhytAge Labs, we’re proud to offer our clients Prostate 911, one of the leading prostate health supplements on the market today. Additionally, we’ve also developed an entire line of organic health supplements to address a variety of health issues. With many top-selling health supplements, such as Nerve Control 911, Joint Relief 911, Tinnitus 911, and more, we’re sure to have a health supplement suited for your healthcare needs and goals.
What is the Prostate?
While often overlooked, the prostate still plays an important role for men’s health. But what exactly is this gland and what does it do? The prostate is a small gland, roughly about the size of a walnut, that is located near a man’s bladder and directly in front of the rectum. This gland is responsible for creating and secreting the fluid that nourishes and protects sperm during a man’s ejaculation. Additionally, the prostate also plays a role in urinary activity and functioning for a man. To ensure normal sexual activity and healthy urinary functioning, a healthy prostate is essential.
Which Foods Can Protect Your Prostate Health?
As you get older, your risk for developing prostate health problems increases significantly. But this doesn’t mean you’re doomed to suffer from one of these health issues. There are many natural ways that you can work to protect the health of your prostate. While regular exercise and smart lifestyle choices are key, evidence shows that your diet plays a key role in the overall health of your prostate.
Which foods should you be including in your diet to protect your prostate health?
- Berries: whether opting for blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries, these fruit are high in vitamin C and antioxidants. Berries work to fight oxidant stress, which is a buildup of toxins that aids the enlargement of the prostate gland. If left unchecked, oxidant stress can even destroy electrolytes, damage cells, and lead to cancerous cell changes.
- Tomatoes: similar to berries, tomatoes also contain key antioxidants in the form of lycopene. Lycopene has been on the radar of prostate cancer research as studies show it decreases cell damage and reduces the risk of prostate gland enlargement. Lycopene is present in the cell walls of tomatoes. Cooking them with your favorite dish helps them to loosen their bonds and enables your body to absorb them more easily.
- Soy Beans: plant proteins such as soybeans contain large amounts of protein and biologically active compounds called phytoestrogens. Phytoestrogens contain antioxidants that regulate hormonal imbalances and fight cell damage. Soybeans consist of isoflavones, a group of phytoestrogens that research links to reduced risk of prostate illnesses, especially cancer. Just one cup of soybeans contains about 15 grams of protein and fiber, which also benefits the prostate.
- Green Tea: green tea contains a high number of antioxidants known as catechins and polyphenols. Research shows that these antioxidants can significantly reduce the risk of prostate-related illnesses. They have also found compounds called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), epicatechin, and xanthine derivatives, which are known to replenish cell damage and regulate hormones.
- Fish: most notably fatty fish, contain polyunsaturated fats, including omega-3s and omega-6s. Omega-3s are found in fish fat like salmon, herring, and also mackerel. Cells use these omega-3 acids to regenerate and heal. The human body does not synthesize omega-3 fatty acids, which means that including them in your diet will not only boost your prostate health but also help with weight loss, regulate cholesterol levels, and they can also fight high blood pressure.
Which Foods Should I Avoid?
Additionally, there are also some foods you should try to avoid (when you can) to better protect the health of your prostate. Generally, you’ll want to avoid processed foods (like fast food) or foods that are high in extra sugar. Checking the nutritional labels for added sugars is an easy way to catch this.
At the end of the day, strive for a balanced and healthy diet that relies mostly on lean meats, leafy grains, and whole grains. Of course, we all have those days when we just want a pizza or that burger you’ve been craving. This is totally normal and perfectly fine in the big picture, but in your daily habits, aim for the healthier options so that you can enjoy good prostate health for years to come.
Prostate Health Supplements
In addition to a healthy and balanced diet, there are other ways to naturally protect the health of your prostate and maintain quality health as you get older. In addition to your diet, strive to get some moderate exercise every day. This can take the form of running, jogging, swimming, yoga, or even light weights. Aim for at least 30 minutes a day.
Additionally, many men, especially as they grow older, look for other ways to further support their prostate health. One of the most effective ways to do so is by including a prostate health supplement as part of your normal diet. These supplements, many of which are made with organic, all-natural ingredients, give your body what it needs to naturally protect your prostate and ensure proper health and functioning for years. Prostate 911, in particular, is effective due to its organic ingredients. With pumpkin seeds, Pygeum, nettle root extract, and uva ursi, this organic health supplement can work with your body to protect the health of your prostate. This may also reduce the risk of prostate health problems.
Conclusion – Top Foods for Good Prostate Health
While many men may not think about this part of their bodies all that often, a healthy prostate is essential for good urinary health and proper sexual functioning. While no one will have total control over their prostate health, especially since many health issues become much more common with age, anyone can take tangible steps to reduce your risk of developing these problems. One of your most powerful weapons against prostate health problems is a balanced and healthy diet filled with lean meats, berries, tomatoes, green tea, and more.
When planning out a balanced diet to protect your prostate health, more and more people are also including organic health supplements. These health supplements can help you address any gaps in your diet to ensure you’re getting the nutrients and vitamins your body needs. At PhytAge Labs, we’ve developed a complete line of top organic health supplements to boost your overall health and wellness.Contact us today to learn more about how our line of organic health supplements can help you meet your health and wellness goals. Together, let’s begin your journey toward a happier and healthier lifestyle.