There are many ways to support your health and wellness as you get older. Maintain a healthy and balanced diet. Hit the gym regularly. Take an organic health supplement each morning. But on top of all that, there are other key ways to ensure you can enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle—well into your golden years. For example, are you still making time for a good cardiovascular workout?
In this blog, we’re taking a closer look at cardio and the range of benefits you can experience from this specific type of exercise. Compared to other exercises, like lifting weights, cardiovascular exercise can reduce your risk of heart disease, help you maintain a healthy weight, improve your sleep habits, and even boost your mood. For individuals of any age, cardio should be a core part of your workout routine.
At PhytAge Labs, we offer a comprehensive line of all-natural, organic health supplements. Our organic health supplements address a variety of different health issues to help you improve your overall wellness. With several top-selling health supplements, including Nerve Control 911, Blood Pressure 911, Joint Relief 911, and more, we’re sure to have a health supplement suited for your health goals.
What Counts as Cardio?
Let’s star at the beginning: what exactly counts as cardio? Cardio, which is short for cardiovascular, refers to any type of workout or physical activity that increases your heart rate to hit your target heart rate zone. In this heart rate zone, your body can more effectively burn fat and calories to help you maintain a healthy weight.
Cardio stands apart from different types of exercise, in part, because it relies on your body’s use of oxygen during the workout. This means that cardiovascular exercise has very different effects on your body and can offer benefits that you simply don’t attain from a non-aerobic exercise, such as lifting weights.
Cardio can take many different shapes and forms. But at its core, most specialists would agree that cardio refers to any type of physical activity that raises your heart and breathing rates and also improves the functioning of your heart, lungs, and circulatory system.
Some of the most popular (and effective) types of cardio workouts include:
- Brisk walking or “power walking.”
- Wind sprints.
- Water aerobics.
- Cycling (stationary or out on a trail).
- Jump rope.
- Bear crawls.
And this is just the beginning. As you can see, the list is quite extensive as to what counts as a good cardio workout. What makes cardio even better is that there are a ton of unique ways to get creative with your own cardio. For example, if you want to avoid hitting the gym or it’s too cold outside for a walk or jog, you can always stay in and dance or just move around with your own aerobic workout to get similar benefits.
5 Benefits of Cardio as You Get Older
Of course, as we get older, our nutritional and exercise needs tend to change. But one thing that remains consistent over the years is just how beneficial cardiovascular exercise can be for your overall health and wellness. But if you still find yourself needing a little extra motivation to get out there and engage in a cardio workout, keep reading. Here, we’ve assembled several of the top benefits of maintaining steady cardio workouts as you get older.
- Maintain a healthy weight: as you get older, your activity levels may go down. As a result, this can lead to unintended weight gain. Ample evidence reveals the numerous health problems that can develop from excess weight, including an increased risk of heart disease and stroke. Cardio exercise is one of the most effective ways to burn off calories and fat so that it’s easier to maintain a healthy weight.
- Better sleep: we all know how important a good night’s sleep is, which is just one more reason why cardio is key. Studies show that moderate to vigorous cardio workouts can help you get more restful and consistent sleep so that your body has the time to repair, heal, and maintain proper functioning.
- Improved cardiovascular health: according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. Regular cardio exercise improves your heart health and the functioning of your circulatory system so that you can reduce your risk of developing heart disease, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.
- Lowers stress and anxiety: not only can cardio help with your physical health, but it can also improve your mental health. People who regularly engage in cardio workouts report having lower levels of stress and anxiety. After all, it’s no secret that working out is one of the most common (and effective) ways for people to deal with stress. Additionally, unchecked stress and anxiety can actually negatively impact your health.
- Increase bone density: regular cardio can actually increase bone density and the overall strength of your bones. While this can help you safely enjoy certain activities like running and hiking, it’s also essential for everyday activities like simply walking around or climbing the stairs. This can be especially valuable for older individuals as it can reduce your risk of a fall or serious injury related to a fall.
Conclusion – 5 Benefits of Cardio as You Get Older
While you may love hitting the gym and weights to burn calories and develop muscle mass, don’t forget to make time for cardiovascular exercise. Compared to other types of exercise, there are key and distinct benefits to getting in your cardio. Regular cardiovascular exercise can improve your flexibility and mobility, help you maintain a healthy weight, boost brain function, and improve the overall quality of your life. With so many unique ways to add cardio into your routine, such as jogging, swimming, or cycling, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t experience the vast benefits of cardio.
While cardio is important, so is a healthy and balanced diet. If you’re concerned that you’re not getting the nutrients you need and that you may have “gaps” in your diet, consider adding an organic health supplement into your daily routine. Our all-natural health supplements can help you round out your diet to ensure your body gets the nutrition it needs to stay healthy and functional for years to come.
Here at PhytAge Labs, we’re proud to have developed a complete line of organic health supplements designed to boost your overall health and wellness. With several top selling supplements, such as Tinnitus 911, Nerve Control 911, Blood Pressure 911, and more—we’re sure to have a health supplement to meet your health goals.Contact us today to learn more about how one of our organic health supplements can help you address any existing health problem and boost your overall wellness. Together, let’s begin your journey toward a happier and healthier lifestyle.